Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thing 13: Library Thing

I took the Library Thing tour and created (yet another) account. I groaned over the idea of having to input ALL my books from my GoodReads account into Library Thing but found that this was not as difficult or time consuming as I imagined it would be. I was able to export my GoodReads list to a file then import that list into Library Thing.

I have to say though....I prefer GoodReads. Library Thing can be a little overwhelming for someone who is new to keeping a record of all the books they have read, are currently reading, or would like to read in the future. GoodReads has a simple format that just feels more user-friendly to me and I think I will just stick with it.

I have heard talk about Library Thing being integrated into SJCPLS. I can see how this would be a valuable tool for a library system - allowing readers to post book reviews, form clubs, and suggest books for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment