Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thing 3: Blog Search Tools

I have never quite understood all the "hype" over blogging but as I started using the blog search tools I was absolutely amazed at all the information I was able to find on just about any topic you can think of. What a great way to share knowledge and information!

I compared Technorati, Sphere, IceRocket, Bloglines and Blogpulse and found that some blog search tools are definitely easier to use than others. Depending on the type of information you are looking for (the latest news, how to cook a chicken, whatever...), you may need to use different blog search engines in order to find the information you want and a blogger that you enjoy reading and would like to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kris!

    I never thought of blogs for anything but silly fun (Perez Hilton, for example). I wouldn't have thought of going to them to look up anything "authoritative", but now I see that there are tons of authorities writing about things. Even if I don't know who the blogger is, there are often links to good interviews, articles, etc.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete