Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thing 5: Flickr

How might you use Flickr in your library?
This is not my first experience with Flickr. A few months ago I went around to all the branches and took photos so that library patrons could "tour" the branches from our website. Flickr was pretty easy to use as far as uploading pictures, tagging, making sets, and organizing the sets so that the tour started when you drove up to each branch. I have added a slideshow to this blog that displays the St. Johns County library tours. I also added a Flickr badge to this page with photos that have been taken of me during my time here in St. Johns County Public Library System.

Do you use Flickr or another photo hosting service? Which one? How does it compare to Flickr?
Flickr is the only one I have tried and since its so easy to use and manage I haven't really found a need to look elsewhere.

How do you feel about having your photos public (note that you can mark your Flickr photos private, too)--any concerns?
I think having the option to make your photos public or private is fantastic. This allows me to keep photos of my children private and only accessible to those I choose to share them with or publicly share photos of library events, vacations, or anything else I want to visually enlighten the world with!

No comments:

Post a Comment